Things we’ve done
Our monthly programme is full and varied and represents the interests of the membership. Walks are always popular whatever the weather, continuing throughout the year, usually ending with a pub lunch or supper. There are regular theatre outings to London, Chichester as well as the local venues in Guildford, Woking and Leatherhead.
We’ve had summer river trips on the Thames, days out in a barge on the canal and many leisurely ambles around the lakes at Virginia waters. There are organised dinners and lunches at least once every month and a club gathering at a local hostelry fortnightly.
As well as the events above, we have frequent visits to National Trust venues, beautiful gardens together with famous houses of historical interest. The success of the programme is entirely dependent on enthusiasm and preparation coordinated by our members, with the help of an active committee.
With my job, I am frequently out of the country, so it was difficult to maintain a good social life until I discovered Affinité and was introduced to a group of interesting and very likeable people. Highly recommended!!Phil
Other recent events have included:
- A visit to Highgrove House
- The Royal Academy Exhibition
- A long weekend in Oxford
- A barge on Basingstoke canal and picnic day out
- Visit to National Army Museum
- Leighton House and tea
- Watts Gallery
- Crazy golf
- Day trip to Arundel
- A range of live jazz events including an afternoon at Polesden Lacy
- Theatre performances of Gaslight, Jane Austen Revisited and Macbeth
- Tutankhamun exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery
- Twelfth night concert at The Yehudi Menuhin hall
- Chinese New Year celebration
- Hampton Court for Florimania exhibition
- A walk to see the azaleas at Virginia Waters.
- Frequent rambles (usually followed by lunch) in local villages
- Four days in France
- A tour of West End theatres
- Easter walk around Hatchlands, followed by lunch
- Chihuly sculptures at Kew Gardens
- Curry evenings at Ripley Garden and Raj Doot